What is an Ultrasonic Facial?
Have you heard of an Ultrasonic Facial but not sure what it is? Looking to get your skin to return to its vibrant, youthful past? Here is just one of the great treatments we have at The Skin and Body Spa to get your skin glowing!
This state of the art treatment uses a simple yet powerful device to renew your skin. Ultrasounds are used in many medical treatments for multiple reasons and applications and now are being used for the treatment of the skin. Ultrasonic facials are a cutting edge skincare technology using very high speeds of low-frequency sound waves. These micro vibrations help to simulate your skin’s natural repairing system. This treatment cleans deep into your pores and exfoliates while it lifts and firms your skin. This is all done without using chemicals, dangerous acids or harsh abrasives that can do long-term damage to the skin.
Benefits of using an Ultrasonic Facial Treatment:
- Penetrates deep into skin sell to loosen and release oil, dirt and cellular debris for cleaner, healthier skin
- Encourages cell regeneration
- Firms you skin
- Increases hydration and moisture
- Reduces pore size
- Works deep within your skin cells
- Pain free, gentle and completely non-invasive
- Gently treats sensitive skin
- Removes oxidized waste material from skin
- Improves your blood circulation and skin elasticity
- Reduces puffiness and soothes inflammation
- Improves acne and scaring condition on the skin and speeds up wounds healing time
- With regular treatments – restores skin to a smooth and youthful glow
- Exfoliates your top of layer of skin allowing a healthier completion without redness and irritation
- Does not cause redness or irritation like microdermabrasion.
Ultrasonic facials give the opportunity for those of us who suffer from Rosacea, acne, sensitive skin and mature skin to not worry about any side effects during a treatment.
Ultrasonic Facials Help Difficult Skin Conditions:
Wrinkles & Fine Lines: Ultrasonic facials help to hydrate the skin while stimulating and promoting the production of collagen and elastin. The Result: Your skin looks plumper and fine lines and wrinkles disappear! Acne: Ultrasonic facials go deep into the skin cells and break up deposits of dirt, oil and dead skin that are the breeding grounds for bacteria. Cavitation, the first step in the treatment, uses water exfoliation to kill bacteria while unclogging pores. The Result: Cleaner and healthier skin with less acne! Rosacea & Sensitive Skin: Finally a treatment for sensitive skin and Rosacea that will help promote healing. This facial helps to reduce inflammation and intensely hydrate. People with Rosacea suffer from dehydration and inflammation. Products that help strengthen and reduce capillaries are penetrated deep into the epidermis. The Result: Calmer, clearer, hydrated skin!
This All Sounds Amazing! What are the Phases of an Ultrasonic Facial?
1) Exfoliation – This phase removes the outer layer of the skin or the stratum corneum – this is the skin that we constantly shed. This phase will remove 20-50% of this layer with water and a hand instrument on the skin. This instrument that looks much like a spatula and strokes the skin. The ultrasonic vibrations will spin the molecules of the water causing a brief change in the water molecule called cavitation. This phase gently removes the stratum corneum, surface skin, and cleans your skin follicles without irritating or inflaming your pores.
2) Infusion – One of the hardest parts of maintaining good health in your skin is getting the medication to penetrate deep into your skin. One of the greatest features of this treatment is the ultrasonic facial allows this to happen. The process is actually called sonophoresis and with the combination skincare products, the treatments can create a powerful combination for your skin’s health and renewal. The molecules will enter your skin through products that our skincare specialist will discuss with you based on your skin type and your goals. The ultrasonic treatment actually opens tiny pathways that will allow your specialized product to move deeply into your skin. This will create amazing long-lasting results!
3) Micro Massage Therapy – The last stage of the Ultrasonic treatment called “micro-current”, re-educates your skin to act like younger skin. Through this process, a very mild electrical current restores you cells’ natural electrical change. What is this like? A paddle is lightly waved over your face and throat that creates slight pulses while warming the face. This stage is very important for damaged cells that are not healing themselves effectively. If one of your cells was damaged due to an environmental cause, overexposure to light/aging, your current is negatively affected. This causes waste build up that restricts the flow of nutrients to maintain the health of the cell. The cell has a hard time regenerating and regaining its health. This micro massage phase helps to get your cells to become normal again. The electrical current promotes healing, cell regeneration and resiliency in the future. This treatment gives the cell new life and will help to promote beautiful skin!
The Ultrasonic facial is an opportunity to turn back the hands of time for your face and promote healing for the future. When done regularly, your skin will look younger, smoother & healthier! We offer the Ultrasonic facial at The Skin and Body Spa and would love to talk to you about which one is right for you. Feel free to send us an email with any questions, check out our website or call us at 603.888.7900. You can also make an appointment online. Love your skin and let it repair itself!