Well, savvy spa-goers, as much as we adore our skincare products, the foods in your kitchen are just as important for keeping skin soft, smooth, and glowing. Prevention.com explains that the recipe for complexion perfection starts with a well-rounded diet of healthy fats, sufficient protein, and lots of fruits and veggies. But it also includes a bevy of power foods that feed your skin in beautiful ways.
Here’s 5 of our favorites from Prevention.com and why you should add them to your grocery list:
- Romaine Lettuce — Six leaves provide more than 100% of your Daily Value of vitamin A, which revitalizes skin by increasing cell turnover.
- Tomatoes – Three savory benefits: collagen production, fewer lines and furrows, and increased sun protection!
- Strawberries — A cup has up to 130% of the DV of vitamin C, a potent antioxidant that boosts production of collagen fibers that help keep skin smooth and firm.
- Almonds — Eating a handful of almonds every day boosts levels of vitamin E, one of the most important antioxidants for skin health. Bonus: weight-loss benefits!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil– Consume about 1 tablespoon of olive oil daily to keep skin supple. Our very own Social Media guru, Liz, experienced the benefits of olive oil while living in olive oil country (Spain) for two years!